Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Our Homeschooling Journey

It looks like we won't be enrolling Beck in the Homeschool Resource Center after all. At least not for the beginning of next year. You have to complete an 8 week (one hour per week) class and it just got too complicated trying to figure out childcare and rides to preschool on the mornings I would've been in the class. Now I'm thinking that we'll re-visit that idea next spring when both Beck and Yogi are school-aged. And that'll give me a year of doing our own thing and finding our way with it all.

I did manage to attend a "parents' night out" with our local homeschooling group. I was a little nervous, but found everyone to be very welcoming. Like I said on Homecake, it felt like I found "my people" and that's a good feeling.

1 comment:

Proudmama said...

welcome! We are so lucky to have such a large and diverse group.