Thursday, July 30, 2009

Playstands



Now that our basement will be warm and cozy over the winter months, I've been thinking about what I'd like to see for the kids down there. My latest interest is in building a playstand. I love the simplicity and open-endedness of them. I think they're pretty, they can be used for so many different set-ups, and we don't have anything like it. You can buy these Waldorf inspired playstands at various places for about $100 each or about $300 for a pair of them joined by an archway, but Chris thinks we can build a set of our own for much less.

I found two places with free plans:

Against the Grain Carving has plans for the set pictured above.

And at Eric's Projects you can find free plans for a simpler version.

We also ordered plans for about $20.00 from Playstandplans.com which include full-sized patterns to trace and cut for the set pictured below:


I'll post photos on our progress and the final result!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi, I can't seem to find any waldorf-style playstand plans on line. Do you still have your plans and are you willing to sell them?