Monday, August 24, 2009

Easel Painting


Here are the boys with the new double-sided easel that Chris built. Right now they're just playing and experimenting with the paints and brushes, but in a few weeks I plan to start working through the exercises in Children and Painting which is the best book I've ever seen on the subject. I used it when I taught in the classroom and my students loved the projects and learned a lot about the basics of painting and of art.

I guess the boys figure that easel painting requires special attire because they both grabbed their "Dr. Nailbender" caps - a freebie from Dunn Lumber - and popped them on their heads before they started!

4 comments:

TT said...

Looks like Yogi is going to be an abstractionist.

Anonymous said...

The fireplace looks nice as does the easel. My kids always liked painting on easels. By the way, easel painting is good preparation for handwriting because it strengthens the shoulder muscles for stability and encourages wrist extension :) sorry, can't help being an OT sometimes - auntie emme

artbox said...

Susan,
Could you tell me the source for that wonderful easel? I'd love to get one like it for my classroom!!

Tim

artbox said...
This comment has been removed by the author.